where: Via del Tulliano/opposite Santi Luca e Martina
getting there: from the Campidoglio, down the stairs leading to the Forum and the Arch of Septimius Severus
open: closed (in August 2018 the church roof collapsed)
The church was dedicated to Saint Joseph, stepfather of Jesus and was funded by the Confraternity of the Carpenters.
1663 the church was redesigned in opulent Baroque style and in 1886 it underwent another restoration.
On the 30th of August 2018 the church suffered a major blow when the roof collapsed. Much damage was done and until the roof is stabilised and the damage is repaired both inside and out, the church will have to remain closed, probably for many years to come.
In the altar on the left side was a Nativity by Carlo Maratta, dating to 1661.
In the altar on the right side was a Holy Family with Saint Anne by Giuseppe Ghezzi dating from 1695.
Post a Comment