Via Vittoria Veneto, 27
metro - linea A Barberini
Santa Maria della Concezione was built in the 17th century commissioned by Pope Urban VII.
Inside the church, in the first chapel is an altarpiece of St Michael the Archangel (1635) by Guido Reni and Christ Mocked by Gherardo delle Notti.
The second chapel has works by Domenichino of Saint Francis Receiving the Stigmata.
Also in the church is a Nativity (c. 1632) by Giovanni Lanfranco, St Paul Restores Vision (c.1631) by Pietro da Cortona and Stigmatization of St Francis (c.1570) by Girolamo Muziano.
A Praying St Francis in the church is attributed to Caravaggio.
Under the church, through the museum entrance is the Capuchin crypt displaying thousands of bones of Capuchin friars exhumed and transported here in 1631.
Some of the bones were fashioned into wall decorations, chandeliers, arches and even a clock face and the bodies of friars dressed in monks robes and positioned in the chapels.