Piazza di San Lorenzo in Lucina
The church is a minor basilica, dedicated to Saint Lawrence the martyr and there has been a church here from as far back as the 4th century.
The facade dates from the 12th century and the interior has been redesigned and remodeled many times. The last restoration was in the 19th century and luckily there are still some beautiful altarpieces in situ, like the Crucifixion by Guido Reni dating from 1640 at the high altar. Below the altar is also the relic of the gridiron that roasted San Lorenzo.