getting there: a short walk from Via del Corso to the Trevi Fountain
open: weekdays and Saturdays 7:30 to 12:30, Sundays 8:30 to 13:30
At the left of the Trevi Fountain, in Piazza dei Crociferi, is the small church of Santa Maria in Trivio.
The church was rebuilt in the 16th century in time for the 1575 Jubilee, on the site of another ancient church from the 6th century.
The stunningly colourful vault ceiling fresco, surrounded with gilt stucco angels and putti, is by Antonio Gherardi, completed in 1670 it shows scenes of the life of the Virgin Mary, who the church is dedicated to.
|Giovan Francesco Grimaldi|