Via degli Artisti, 41
metro - linea A/Barberini
Sunday 10:00 for mass
Sant'Isidoro a Cape le Casa is just a two minute walk away from Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini
up the Scala via Veneto.
Built in 1622, the late-Baroque convent church was dedicated to Saint Isidore, the farmer and patron saint of Seville.
The main altarpiece of Saint Isidoro
is by Andrea Sacchi
and dates from 1622.
In the Chapel of St Joseph there are paintings of the Immaculate Conception
from 1633, by Carlo Maratta
who also decorated the cupola in the Chapel of the Crucifix.
In the Chapel of St Anne is the Madonna and Child by Pietro Paolo Naldini.
The church isn't often open to visitors but if by chance the door is open take the opportunity to have a quick look around.
Post a Comment