getting there: short walk from the Pantheon and around the corner from Sant'Ivo alla Sapienza
open: 7:45-12:00 & 16:00-20:00 closed August
The church of Sant'Eustachio is in a the bustling piazza around the corner from Sant'Ivo alla Sapienza.
The church is dedicated to Saint Eustace, a Roman general who converted to Christianity after he saw a vision of the crucifix in the antlers of a stag he was hunting.
The church was rebuilt in the 18th century in the Baroque style.
|main altar - Francesco Ferdinandi 1727|
|left side - Giovanni Bigatti|
|right side - Ottavio Lioni|
|left side - Biagio Puccini|