open: daily from 7:00-12:00 & 16:00-19:00
Oratorio del Santissimo Crocifisso – Oratory of the Most Holy Crucifix – is a small church not far from San Marcello al Corso.
Wealthy cardinals from the Farnese family commissioned Giacomo del Porta to build the oratory in 1568. The facade of the church bears the Farnese coat of arms.
The interior of the church is richly frescoed with scenes showing the Triumph of the Cross by artists Cesare Nebbia, Giovanni de'Vecchi, Niccolò Circignano and Cristoforo Roncalli.
The ceiling fresco dating from the 19th century is by Giovanni Gagliardi.